Sunday, December 30, 2018

A desert dream

For years I dreamed of a home on the desert
then one year it came true.
Then I wondered at the name for the little house--
Casa Espiritu it told me.
As with all dreams, it is not somewhere I constantly live,
but it is always waiting when the time is right.

In my spirit home, I have seen dreams come true,
created art, loved, wept, experienced being.

I have watched javelina, coyotes, bunnies, birds, bobcats
and most especially the families of quail.

I have seen the lightning flash and felt the house rocked by thunder.
I have watched the moon rise over Pusch Ridge
seen the sun go down behind the Tucson Mountains.

From it, I have gone out to find interesting trails,
desert pools, creeks, petroglyphs.
I've watched the desert bloom, seen it snow

The house is magic, or just a simple home
and you bring the magic.